discovering a simpiler life

discovering a simpiler life

Sunday 6 September 2015

very best banana cake muffins ever

I was busy getting our dinner off to a flying start one night last week, when out of the corner of my eye I spied my daughter sitting on the couch with a spoon in her mouth and the tin of milo in her lap...she looked like she was in heaven. The last I'd heard of her she was making a milk milo but obviously she decided to ditch the milk!  I instantly scolded her and got her to put it away.  
When I turned my back, a thought came over me.  Kids aren't allowed to have a binge, they aren't allowed to have a bad day, they aren't allowed to have the poops or sulk, or play hookey or be naughty or yell, or scream in frustration....they really have to be seen as perfect all the time.  I wonder why this has happened? Such pressure for them to live under.
 I turned back around and opened the cupboard and gave her the tin and a spoon and she had the biggest smile on her face.  Truthfully, she probably only had a few big tablespoons worth but it was just wonderful to see her so content with such a simple guilty pleasure.  

Anyway, something that will be eaten, possibly late at night, straight from the freezer, is this recipe for the very best banana cake ever and cook along with the lovely Lorraine from NQN ...ok so I made them into muffins but it helps with portion control :)  It's a strange recipe that has a low cooking temperature and then the muffins/cake is put straight into the freezer to cool.  Have a read of Lorraines post and recipe and tell me you aren't in faux sara lee heaven!!  The batter made 18 muffins and they were baked for 1 hour instead of the 2 hours for the cake. Oh, and be warned that the cream cheese icing is so freakin addictive, it was lucky to make it onto the muffins.  We did have lots of precious licks of the beaters and swipes of the bowl that I'm sure is naughty but oh so nice.


Ciao, Jan x

11 comments :

  1. They look good...I've done more work on my crochet blanket last night.....slowly but surely. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy...very impressed with your crochet dedication :) I'm dying to see it!!!

      Delete
  2. Ooh Jan I'm so delighted that you made and enjoyed them and making them as cupcakes is definitely a clever move!! :D And that's great to know that you just need to bake them for an hour (I know how strange does that time sound?) :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are loving them...my jeans aren't thanking you though lovely Lorraine!! :)x

      Delete
  3. And look at that gorgeous bench these beauties are displayed on! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. would you look at that beauty!!!! hehehe thanks Maree :)

      Delete
  4. I always make muffins with cake recipes - maybe I'm kidding myself because I think it goes further and I won't be tempted to keep going back for another slice :) It sounded like a really intriguing recipe when I read - I'm glad you gave it the thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exactly the same Nancy!!! Plus it's less work for me with lunchbox treats and no chance of me taking more and more slithers off - because those calories don't count!!

      Delete
  5. Yum! I'll be around for morning tea shortly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful cupcakes, Jan! These are all delightful! It looks so soft and moist. Absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...