discovering a simpiler life

discovering a simpiler life

Monday 11 November 2013

A recharge in the country

An invitation to a friends house in the country is too good to refuse.  A chance to catch up, recharge and eat with dear friends.
What a sandwich! My homemade bread slathered with butter, pan fried leftover stuffed chicken, avocado, herb and cos....and a wine of course....you don't have to leave home to have a wonderful foodie experience born out of whats in the fridge
I love this picture my friend snapped of me setting the scene for my blog photos....
Full to pussies bow...I just adore this dinner set, it was my friends mothers that was brought for her glory box over 50 years ago....I desperately want one!

I taught my friend to make the awesome no knead bread with great success.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, that recipe never fails! 
Moo!
Barkly
This old wheelbarrow made by my friends grandfather out spud boxes


The historic dry stone walls of the Stoney Rises in the Corangamite region, built to last.  They are over 100 years old and are a beautiful sight.  Made from volcanic basalt rocks that covered the area, the rocks were put to good use to one clear the land and two build the fences.



                                                
and there was lots of time for this.

Home now back to our routine and the day to day chores that make this life. A bit of time away always makes me happy to be home and appreciate what we have.  What do you do to recharge your batteries?

Ciao, Jan

2 comments :

  1. I sit out under the trees, read and drink coffee.
    Your day with your friend sounds very relaxing and the food, though simple, look delish!. Photos of country life always look peaceful and inviting but it is a lot of hard work.

    Barb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true Barb, a lot of hard work, blood, sweat and tears. My friend read this post and said 'wow, I want to move there!'.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...