discovering a simpiler life

discovering a simpiler life

Thursday 9 January 2014

Top posts of 2013

I am affectionately known as a Blondie to some friends and I am sure this is just one of my blonde moments....I had this post ready for the new year and promptly forgot about it until I stumbled across it today, so better late than never.

I thought It would be fun to list the most popular posts of mine for 2013.  All of these posts resonated with many of you for whatever reason, and I'm sure there are lots of you who haven't read any of them.  So without further ado here they are.

June Hello Blog world  June only had the one post in it, but it would have won hands down for that month.
July My solo adventure
August deliciously moist orange cake
Sept roast pork sliders
Oct The break up with the supermarket challenge
Nov a pretty berry cheesecake
Dec scrooge's Christmas 3 ingredient mini Christmas cakes

It really made me smile going back over the past 6 months and seeing my blog transform.  I started off using pictures off Pinterest to hide behind but since around October, so 3 months in, I changed tack to just using my own photos as I felt not authentic.  My hubby told me a friend had said he liked the blog but the photos were poorly lit and so that spurred me on to do better, which I think I have done.  I could have gone back and fixed the early photos, but that's cheating and I also like to see the change and growth.  It really has been a wonderful ride I never thought I would be on.  The actual winning post was the 'deliciously moist orange cake' post, which is still one of my all time favourite cakes to not only make but to eat.

This photo reminds me of the winds of change that are possible.  I look forward to the next 12 months of sharing my blog journey with you, again my dear readers, thank you for coming in and reading, it really warms my heart.

Ciao, Jan.

5 comments :

  1. So glad you joined the world of blogging my dear friend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so interesting to see the most popular posts isn't it! I hope 2014 brings you lots of wonderful things Jan :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, using your own photos makes a huge difference. I gives your blog personality.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...