discovering a simpiler life

discovering a simpiler life

Saturday 10 August 2013

Cheesy bread

I can finally share the photos from making the Cheesy version of the no knead bread.  Its been really cold here so I proved my dough near the heater which worked a treat.  I really can't believe how easy this bread is, and how satisfying it is to put it on the table to share at dinner time.  I made this dough at 10am, took about 2 minutes to do, hardest bit is weighing out the ingredients. At 4.30pm it was ready to fold in a good vintage cheddar, put in the oven and be devoured with our soup for dinner with some left over for toast and vegiemite the next morning.  I haven't been very well this week and this bread being so easy was just about all I could manage, lucky I had my freezer well stocked too!


fold in around 1/2 a cup of a cheese
ready for the camp oven, I slit the top of the dough
with the scissors to form a 'x' then put a handful
of cheese on top



Look at those holes!!! Fantastic result
Go on, give it a go! You won't be sorry.

Ciao, Jan

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...