discovering a simpiler life

discovering a simpiler life

Thursday 29 August 2013

Lovely lemons


I love lemons, so much so if I was to be stranded on an island it would be one of my top 5 things to take, that and an extremely good extra virgin olive oil, maldon sea salt, avocado, and a crisp white wine and I'd be set for months, well as long as there was a fishing line, some type of greens and my hubby to get it all for me!! But anyway, too much island talk, back to the lemons, I scored a big bag full of the yellowy delights from a friend with a gorgeous tree.  I'm pretty lucky, I rarely have to pay for lemons, due to having made the right friends.  I've had a lemon cooking fest this past week, and here are the spoils.

I've been spritzing these juicy lemons on salads, vegies and dips. But I tried the deliciously moist orange cake as a lemon cake and with great success. It really is the easiest cake recipe that delivers everytime. Even better it can be whipped up in minutes.

I whizzed up 5 small sized lemons, but next time would take out some of the pips as it had a slight bitter after taste, I was being lazy.  But it was nothing a good slurp of cream & a cup of tea didn't balance out.




These are by far the yummiest lemony roast potatoes going.  Par boil your spuddies, leaving the skins on, and when just tender enough for a knife to slide in, drain them well.  In the meantime, heat a few glugs of olive oil in a roasting tray at 200c for 5 minutes until it is hot.  Peel the rind off 2 lemons, throw in some sprigs of rosemary, 4-5 cloves of garlic still with the skin on, smash down on the spuddies with a folk to losen some bits up, they will be deliciously crunchy at the end and roast for around 30 minutes until spuddies are golden, mwah!




This is a simple lip smacking lemon delicious slice, a great take on the old fashioned and much loved lemon delicious pudding.

Phew so many lemony recipes I'm going to have to go and get another bag full.

Ciao, Jan

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...