discovering a simpiler life

discovering a simpiler life

Monday 9 September 2013

3 years ago......


Today I woke a little depressed.  3 years ago to the day we were in Italy! Bon Journo!! What a wonderful experience it was and I was just reminded of it after reading a blog from one of my favourites what katie ate and her recent visit to Europe. So I thought I'd share a picture or two.  We were lucky to stay with my cousin who was living in Belgium with his wife, what an amazing experience they gave us with insider knowledge.  5 food filled weeks we had all up 2 weeks in Belgium, 2 weeks in Italy, a day in Paris and 3 days in Luxemberg which was a little gem thrown in at the end.  I was so excited about Italy as it has always been a dream of mine, but was surprised at how beautiful and underrated Belgium is. I'd go back in a heartbeat.  There are too many stories, too many delicious meals to share but hopefully one day I will get back to Europe to explore some more.


The castle we stayed in was also a winery in Grieve, Tuscany

A cooking day with Fabio. Here we are making gnocchi,
 they were the softest clouds you could imagine
                            
Now thats a deli

rolling hills of tuscany

the view from our villa in Trevi, Umbria...I fell in love with this town
Velvety spaghetti pesto

the cobbled streets of Trevi

We shopped at the local markets and made dinner most
nights as restaurants didn't open til 8pm, too late for us and our bambino


A lunch in Paris, with the Eiffel Tower as our view. French onion soup on the left and goats cheese on potato rosti on the right

couldn't go all the way to Paris without trying the snails, slippery suckers


Brussels centre....so beautiful


The produce at the Waterloo market in Belgium would make your heart melt


They are very serious about their beers in Belgium


I'm still living on the memories everyday......

Ciao, Jan

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...