discovering a simpiler life

discovering a simpiler life

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Spring vegie salad

My apricot tree starting to bloom
I love the type of recipes that are inspired by what you have in the garden or fresh produce and not actually following any rules of a recipe.  Even better eating lighter, with salads on the go a bit more now the weather is nicer.  

I was at the green grocers and spied a beautiful big bunch of spring onions and a ginger root which I started as the basis for this soon to be salad.  I got home and headed out into the garden and got in some rocket, baby coriander, flat leaf parsley, and a head of broccoli. 

 In a large bowl I put the rocket, chopped herbies, 3 spring onions finely chopped, 1/4 of an avocado diced, flowerets of broccoli, 1/4 a grated carrot, 1/4 of a grated zucchini and a generous spoon of sunflower kernels.  The dressing was a inch piece of ginger finely diced, a few drops of tamari (gluten free soy sauce), tbsp sweet chilli sauce, good squeeze of lemon juice and a glug of evoo, s & p.  It needs the sweetness and chilli hit that the sweet chilli gives it. I sprinkled some extra on as well.



Great on the lips and  gentle on the hips.

Ciao, Jan

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...